12 Best Penny Boards for 2019 November 19, 2018 – Posted in: Product Reviews – Tags: skate
When we talk about transportation, speed and cost-efficiency are important factors in this fast-paced world. There are many choices to choose from, and one of the most popular is skateboards.
For ordinary onlookers, everything you ride and skate on is just a skateboard. But in the skateboarding world, there are actually different types of boards, and each offers a unique riding experience. There are skateboards, longboards, and penny boards. For today, let us talk about the miniature version of a skateboard, the penny boards.
The Top 3 Best Penny Boards
Before anything else, here are some interesting facts about penny boards. It actually got its name from an Australian company called Penny® Skateboards, which was founded in 2010. While it now represents a whole style, the name used to be linked to a small, plastic board that is the same as mini cruiser longboards.
Over the years, new manufacturers have created their own versions of penny boards. And for consumers, it would not make sense if you spend money on a penny board that does not suit your taste. So to avoid making mistakes, here is a list of the 12 best penny boards you can find.
#1. Penny Graphic Complete Skateboard
This board has everything you will probably love from a penny board. What’s more, it comes in different colors and patterns such as fireworks, space, and floral graphics. Its 22” deck, 4” penny trucks, and 59 mm penny wheels will ensure you will have a smooth and stylish ride.
When it comes to durability, nothing beats the Penny Graphic complete skateboard. Videos posted online showed how this penny board survived after being run over by a car.
- Resilient and great board flex
- Great bushing for soft ease on sharp turns
- ABEC 5 branded bearings included
- Trucks provide smooth and soft turns
- A bit expensive
- Slightly slower bearings
#2. Skatro Mini Cruiser
This skateboard is unlike any boards available on the market. The Skatro mini cruiser almost looks like a traditional 22” penny skateboard, but it is equipped with the Skatro flex technology. This machine-calculated plastic ensures a flexible, optimal, and consistent ride.
Most bearings of penny boards are made from carbon steel, but Skatro uses bearing steel. They are way stronger than the usual and provide absolute smoothness all the way.
- Skatro flex technology
- Price is cheaper compared with other penny boards
- Comes with a matching T-tool
- Strong to support average-sized adult
- Wheels a bit slippery on first use
#3. Rimable 22” Complete
Known for its cool design and features, this penny board is made for beginners, travelers, and cruise board players. It is one of the lightest boards at only 4 lbs, but it can carry riders weighing up to 200 lbs.
This board offers a high degree of flexibility that allows better control and smoother gliding. Another distinct feature is its 3-inch lightweight aluminum frame with first-class quality screws.
- Suitable for all kinds of players
- Comes with Tail Alice
- Has 3-inch lightweight aluminum alloy bracket
- Made from 100% heavy duty plastic
- Wheels may easily get loose
#4. Penny Australia Classic
If you are a classic, old-fashioned man, then the fine-tuned details of the Penny Australia Classic are for you. While its look will take you back to the 70s, its performance and durability are way better than most penny boards available on the market today.
Coming in at just 4 lbs, you can take this board everywhere you go. It also comes with 3-inch aluminum tricks for more durability and higher weight limit.
- Classic style
- Bearings could be better
#5. Penny Nickel Pantones Cruiser
If you want a modern-looking penny board with a touch of minimalism, then the Penny Nickel Pantones Cruiser is for you. It measures just 27” long and comes with ABEC 7 bearings.
It can comfortably hold skaters weighing up to 200 lbs, and its longer size provides more room for stability. But its overall sleek appearance and flexibility make this suitable to be carried anywhere and be used anytime you want.
- Offers more stability
- Easy to carry
- Can accommodate skaters up to 200 lbs
- Needs a little practice
#6. Cal 7 Mini Cruiser Skateboard
This skateboard is a perfect kind of scooter for those who are just starting out. It is easy to use and light to carry for adults and kids alike. It comes with ABEC 7 bearings, which is known for its high speed and smooth operation.
The Cal 7 Mini Cruiser boasts of 59 mm wheels, which are highly durable and can withstand weight without any difficulties. They are available in different attractive colors too. What’s more, you can pick the color of your wheels as well.
- Suitable for both kids and adults
- Assembled shipping
- Durable wheels
- Striking color combination
- Best for beginners
- Need to loosen trucks for smooth turns
- Chips easily
#7. The Boss Board Complete
If its smooth ride and sturdy build are not enough, then its lifetime warranty is really a huge point to consider. The maker is committed to replacing any part when broken. And without a doubt, this kind of guarantee gives you an assurance that the Boss Board Complete will stand through the test of time.
It measures 22” long and 6” wide, and this board is very easy to transport. It also comes with ABEC 7 bearings. Its large, neon wheels will ensure you get a smooth ride.
- Lifetime warranty
- Suitable for beginners and advanced skaters
- Vintage-inspired look
- Comes fully assembled
- Can be too small for some skaters
#8. Landwalker Complete Banana Cruiser Galaxy Skateboard
You know that the manufacturer behind this skateboard is determined to produce quality products when it incorporates what they call the Landwalker Technology. This is composed of “sophisticated equipment and well-trained workers, brilliant service team, and service attitude.”
This 22” Playwheels Skateboard boasts of ABEC 7 bearings and lightweight aluminum trucks with 59 mm wheels. Transportation has never been easy when using this board. It is as light as 4 lbs, but it has a maximum bearing weight of up to 200 lbs.
- Fit for most users
- Suitable for roads, skate parks, and U-shaped grounds
- Landwalker technology
- Comes with a T-tool
- Fully assembled
- Board is too small in size
#9. Ten Toes Quip
This skateboard is designed with skaters who love to carve in mind. The Quip model is very flexible that it allows you to bounce as you roll across the pavement. Unlike most penny boards, this baby is a pound lighter at 3 lbs and a tad larger.
Available in nine unique color styles, the Quip is composed of carbon bearings and highly flexible plastic. Its polyurethane-casted wheels are big and soft enough to absorb any impact with ease.
- Lightweight and portable
- Wide and smooth wheels
- Worthy of the price
- Wheels need to be tightened on first use
- Often leans to the left
#10. Eneeko 22” Cruiser Skateboard
Whether you are at the beginner or expert level, the Eneeko 22 is safe to use. This 22-inch board has a bendable deck and smooth PU caster. It has a maximum bearing weight of 200 lbs. Overall, it is a penny board that has all the basic and necessary functions and features.
- A durable board that does not collapse
- Completely assembled
- Wheels and trucks need to be loosened on first use
#11. Merkapa 22” Complete Skateboard
Popular for its light-up skateboard wheels, the Merkapa 22” is one of the best skateboards available on the market. The plastic deck is 22” long and 6” wide and is offered in different vibrant color schemes.
In case you can’t get your mind off the possible additional expenses for the light-up wheels, here’s the good news. The wheels have LED lights that do not require any charging and can run even without batteries. The source of electricity comes from the rotary power of the turning of the wheels. In case they stop lighting, simply tighten the screws. Problem solved?
- Comes with 3.25” V truck and base
- ABEC 7 bearings
- 60 x 45 mm PU wheel 78A
- Super shock absorption and fine abrasion resistant wheels
- Can be too small for some riders
- Not fast enough for cruising
#12. High Bounce Complete 22” Skateboard
When you check the specs of this penny board, you would understand where the popularity is coming from. It measures 22” long and 6” wide and supports up to 187 lbs of weight. Its axles are made of high-quality aluminum and it comes with ABEC 7 bearings and smooth PU wheels.
Many reviewers said the High Bounce Complete is similar to the Penny, minus the hefty brand name price. The board is sleek and comes in a number of color options. The High Bounce provides a quiet and smooth cruising experience with easier and comfortable turns compared with traditional skateboards.
- Plastic cruiser comes fully assembled
- Smooth cruising experience
- An excellent bargain for its price
- Wheels and bearings need to be loosened on first use
Penny boards are really making a comeback. Its small size makes it easier to carry around while offering flexibility and great speed. Love it or abuse it, its durable plastic deck material can handle a beating. So, regardless if you are just cruising around or mastering some tricks, a penny board will give you that unique and fun riding experience.
Amazon’s Recommended Penny Boards & Mini Cruiser Skateboards
(Amazon recommended list)
- Rimable Plastic Cruiser Fully Assembled
- 22'' Long x 6'' Wide Deck With 100% Fresh Material
- High Quality 3" Thick Aluminium Trucks
- Super Smooth PU Wheel With High Speed Bearing
- GOOD TO GO - Fully assembled and ready to hit the streets.
- SOLID SPECS - ABEC 7 bearings, 60mm wheels, 3.125 inch aluminum alloy trucks.
- COMPACT SIZE - 22.5 X 6 inch plastic deck easily fits into a carry-on or backpack.
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE - Premium hardware is super durable for a smooth, fast ride.
- Penny Australia Plastic Cruiser Fully Assembled
- Choice of 22" or 27" Deck with Penny Skateboards Proven Durability
- Premium Quality, Smooth Cruising 59mm, 83A Durometer Wheels
- High Quality Color-Coded Abec 7 Stainless Steel Bearings
- Official Graphic Penny Skateboard - Black Gold, 22"
- Classic Waffle Top Non-Slip Deck
- Smooth 59mm 83A Wheels - Perfect for Crusing
- High Quality Color-Coded Abec 7 Stainless Steel Bearings
- Preassembled ready to ride
- 27 inches in length
- Made for cruising