The 7 Best Cheap Electric Scooters – Posted in: Electric Scooters, Scooters – Tags: cheap electric scooters, electric scooters main
So now you’re pretty excited and you think you’ve researched enough for you to be able to buy your very own scooter? That’s right, but now another problem blocks your path-where exactly can I get an affordable but long-lasting electric scooter?
Don’t worry, we’ve got your back and we made sure to compile the best suggestions for your commute and travel needs!
1. NANROBOT X4 Commuting Electric Scooter Foldable
Overall rating : 4.5 / 5
For people who want a scooter that enables them to sit comfortably as if they’re using a bike, the NANROBOT X4 Electric Foldable Scooter is for you! It has two models, one with a seat and another without, there are minor cost differences. Here are a few more features that make this scooter a steal!
- 8' Explosion-Proof Solid Tire
- 350W Motor
- Max Speed 20MPH
- 25 Mile Range of Riding
- Max Weight 260lbs
It’s great for short distance travels because you get to ride it comfortably like a bike without the tiring need to pedal it to get where you need to be. The only thing that doesn’t quite fit with it is that it can heat up a bit during charge but it’s perfectly normal. It also vibrates a little bit during usage as well but all in all, there are no other defects.
You’d have to charge it for 3-6 hours to enjoy its 4-5 hour service range.
A little drizzle of rain here and there won’t hurt it. It can also handle low hills that are not too steep and high.
2. Pulse Performance GRT 11 Kids Electric Scooter
Overall rating : 3/ 5
- ELECTRIC: Two-wheeled electric scooter features an 80-watt chain driven motor and speeds up to 8 mph!
- HEAVY DUTY: Ultra heavy-duty contoured stem and handle bars for comfort and steel frame provide extra protection and durability to ensure your child has a safe ride
- PUSH-TO-GO: Thumb actuated throttle with easy to use Push-To-Go technology and rear foot brake as a bonus safety feature
- RECHARGEABLE: 12-volt rechargeable battery system allows your child to have a continuous ride time of up to 50 minutes so playtime doesn't have to stop!
Who says only adults get to enjoy electric scooters? The Grt-11 Electric Scooter fits best for kids 8 years old and above. Now kids can enjoy the fun of electric scooters as much as adults do.
This scooter can give joy and entertainment for your little ones and it works as a great birthday or Christmas present! This is guaranteed to bring smiles to your children. It works great as a first electric scooter too.
Don’t worry, mommies and daddies. It’s durable, fast yet completely safe to use for kids. It uses advanced push-to-go technology to ensure safety while using. It can go fast but not fast enough to harm your child while they use it. It can last long for an hour or less depending on the riders weight.
For a very affordable price, this electric scooter can keep your kid intensely occupied for an hour or so. Even when the battery dies the scooter is light enough to be used as a manual kick scooter.
3. GoPlus Foldable Electric Scooter
Overall rating : 4 / 5
For the easy-going adults who want a back-up vehicle they can use on certain days, the Goplus Foldable Electric Scooter is the perfect companion for you! Why? Well, here are a few features to convince you.
- Ultra-Lightweight Portable Kick Scooter
- 14 MPH
- Up to 6 Miles Long-Range Battery
- 6.5" Tires with Cruise Control
Unlike other electric scooters that only show certain lights to indicate battery life, the Goplus Foldable Electric Scooter has a built-in monitor that shows you the battery life and other important messages and options. And the best part? Storing it is not like the old bike that gave you nightmares. It can be folded and placed even in the tightest nooks and crannies of the house. It can even fit inside your car trunk and under your work table.
It also lasts longer than average electric scooters so you can enjoy longer travel times without noise or distracting vibrations due to its cruise feature.
It only takes less than 3 hours for the Goplus Fold-able Electric Scooter to get fully charged for long time use. For an electric scooter this price range, you can guarantee a happy wallet and a sturdy, long-lasting travel buddy.
The height of the handle can also be adjusted according to your needs and size, unlike most generic electric scooters. It can adjust up to 3 shift levels in order to perfectly and comfortably accommodate comfortable traveling needs.
4. Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter
Overall rating : 4 / 5
- All steel frame and fork construction. Front Wheel: 200 mm pneumatic front tire
- Features kick start, high-torque, chain-driven motor, twist-grip acceleration control and hand operated front brake
- For ages 8 and up;120 lbs Assembled Product Dimensions: 32.5 x 16 x 36 (inches); 8 inches pneumatic front tyre
- Run time: Up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time. Run time may vary depending on riding conditions, climate and/or proper maintenance.
Looking for a durable, affordable, and average-powered e-scooter that’s suitable for ages 8 and up, then this is definitely the one you’re looking for. The Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter has a maximum speed of 10 mph and 40 minutes of continuous usage.
It features a twist-grip throttle and a hand-operated brake that comes with a soft rubber grip for easy usage and comfort-ability. The body is also made from high-quality steel that can withstand the test of time while keeping the device lightweight.
5. GOTRAX GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter
Overall rating : 4 / 5
- Version 2 - Handbrake, Cruise Control, Reinforced Frame and Lock Mechanism
- 8. 5" PNEUMATIC TIRES - Making the GXL the ultimate commuting scooter for overcoming treacherous city streets
- 250 WATT MOTOR - Our most powerful scooter yet, the GXL has a top speed of 15. 5MPH and holds a maximum of 220 lbs.
- 36V BATTERY - The GXL travels up to 9-12 miles and recharges in about 4 Hours. Height from Handlebars to Deck-38 inch
The GOTRAX GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter is not only suitable for kids, but also for teens and adults as well. It features a reinforced frame and lock mechanism for tighter security. And if you’re looking for speed, this e-scooter has it all.
Thanks to its 36V battery and 250 Watt motor, you can get speeds up to 15.5mph maximum. In addition, you can also store it anywhere you want thanks to its folding mechanism that folds the e-scooter in half for easy storage. This one is definitely a bang for your buck.
6. VIRO Rides 550E Electric Scooter
Overall rating : 3.8 / 5
- Sleek, high performance, Fully electric scooter with a 10 mph top speed and 100 Watt DC motor
- Average run time of 40 minutes, roughly a 6-mile range, between charges on the rechargeable 12V 7Ah SLA battery (charging cord included)
- Easy thumb-control throttle for quick acceleration
- The high visibility LED running lights create cool ground effect lighting
The VIRO Rides 550E Electric Scooter features a unique street-art inspired design to make you look cooler as you ride on it. It has a 100W motor that can make this e-scooter run up to 10mph maximum speed, which is already enough for kid riders.
And instead of using twistable throttle grip controls like what its competitors do, it uses thumb-controlled throttle for easy usage.
And for added style, it features bright LED lights on the stepping area that makes a cool effect on the ground as you dash your way into the neighborhood.
7. Razor Power A2 Electric Scooter
Overall rating : 4.5 / 5
- The easy to ride Razor Power A2 electric scooter features a kick-to-start, high-torque, hub motor, providing lithium-ion powered electric scooter action at speeds up to 10 mph (16 km/h) for up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Compact and lightweight, the Power A2 features our patent-pending, anti-rattle folding mechanism that makes it a breeze to fold up and carry with you when you’re on-the-go or safely store when you reach your destination
- The in-hub electric motor is virtually maintenance free, with no alignment issues, chain or belt that can put your ride on the sidelines
- The push-button throttle control provides an intuitive, instant connection to the high-torque, 22-volt lithium-ion powered hub motor for quick acceleration and smooth cruising at speeds up to 10 mph (16 km/h)
Razor never failed to deliver high-quality products, and this one is no exception. The Razor Power A2 Electric Scooter features a foldable mechanism for easy carry and storage that takes the hassle away of transporting this e-scooter wherever you like.
It also has a maintenance-free motor so you don’t have to deal with replacements as well. With up to 10mph of maximum speed, your kid can go places they want to go, but make sure to guide them along the way.
Lastly, it's aluminum t-tube and deck screams durability overload. This e-scooter can surely take a beating!
How Does an Electric Scooter Work?
As the name implies, this type of scooter relies on electricity instead of gas, making it an eco-friendly, cost-saving and convenient for its users. Because of the advanced technology used to build its inner mechanical components, you’d be surprised to see and experience how light it is compared to older and gas-driven scooters out there. Its lightweight feature enables it to move better and quicker as well as the ability to reach low hills that are not too steep.
So how does it work? Again, since it’s electric you probably guessed it needs to be charged overnight like your mobile phone or laptop. You’re right, that’s exactly how it works if put into simpler words.
However, another great thing about electric scooters is that most models and brands have an additional pedal feature that allows you to continue using it even after the battery runs out of energy. Think of it like it’s gym equipment that can get you places. Not only are you helping mother earth take a break from the smoke and pollution, but you’re also helping yourself break a sweat.
Why Electric Scooters Are Better than Gas-Driven Scooters
Unlike the older scooters that need fuel to run, electric scooters require lesser maintenance and cleaning. You can finally say goodbye to changing old oils ever so often now and then. You don’t even need to worry when oil prices hike upwards. The only thing you need to worry about is having a good electric socket where you can plug it in overnight for long time use.
Even your pocket stays happy when you buy an electric scooter rather than fueled models. They’re not only a whole lot cheaper, but they also don’t break as easily either.
Plus, scooters are generally safer to use compared to older models of motorbikes and the like. Even women can finally sit comfortably regardless if they’re wearing a skirt to work or not. Your feet can also happily rest on the pedals without hurting them during the ride since both feet remain steadily planted on the pedals for firm and more stable control.
How to Operate an Electric Scooter
If you know how to ride a bike since you were 10, learning how to operate a scooter works almost the same and is pretty easy. You’ll surely get the hang of it in no time!
It’s also versatile for people who can’t handle heavy motorbikes and other vehicles, which makes it a safer option for college students, working adults and even the elderly.
First things first, your new electric scooter is required to have an instruction manual that can help you grasp the basics. Make sure the instruction manual has an English section unless you can read Spanish or Chinese characters. But no worries, most instruction manuals come with illustrations so you can understand it even better.
Patience is key. It’s highly important that you don’t rush things and expect improvement overnight. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither is this scooter. While people who have experienced riding bikes in the past have an edge, nothing beats a patient, motivated learner.
Since its electric, there’s bound to be some confusing buttons, DO NOT ATTEMPT to randomly click on them without checking the manual first. All buttons have a purpose and you don’t want to risk ruining your new scooter because of curiosity. Read the manual first to check what each button is for.
Make sure that the scooter is charged the ample time it needs before you use it too.
Balance yourself properly, especially when you’re not using it manually to avoid unwanted accidents and injuries.
Lastly, like all things, your scooter can get worn out and heat up too. Give it the break and rest it needs and make sure to charge it often but don’t overcharge it either.